Why Credelio for Dogs Is The Best Flea Treatment?
Fleas and ticks are irritating pesky parasites, and they trouble our beloved furry friends. To keep our canine friends safe and protected from parasitic infestation and to eliminate them from their fur and skin, you need an appropriate flea and tick treatment. Credelio for dogs is an effective flea and tick treatment. Let’s learn about this product:
Credelio for Dogs – Overview
Credelio for dogs is one of the most trusted treatments for getting rid of biting parasites. It is a beef-flavored, gluten-free chewable tablet to kill adult fleas and control four types of ticks and treat flea and tick infestations. This oral-monthly-treatment can be administered to dogs and puppies of 8 weeks of age and older, weighing about 4.4 pounds or more.
Credelio – Composition and Packs
Credelio is composed of Lotilaner; the active ingredient that is gentle on your dog and tough on ticks and fleas. It comes in 3, 6, and 12 dose packages and in different sizes depending on your dog’s weight.
|Body Weight of Dog||Pack Color||Lotilaner Per Chewable Tablets (mg)||Number of Chewable to be Administered Per Month|
|4.0 to 6.0 lbs||Yellow||56.25||1|
|6.1 to 12.0 lbs||Pink||112.5||1|
|12.1 to 25.0 lbs||Orange||225||1|
|25.1 to 50.0 lbs||Green||450||1|
|50.1 to 100 lbs||Blue||900||1|
Dogs above 100lbs should be dosed in an appropriate combination of chewable tablets, with your vet’s consultation.
Credelio can be given with food, and treatment with it can begin in any season of the year and must continue around the year without interruption. If you missed a dose, give it immediately once you remember and continue the monthly dosage accordingly.
Credelio – Protection
Credelio is a fast-acting protection for puppies and dogs. It protects against ticks and fleas, and prevents flea infestations. Credelio treats tick infestations including American dog tick, lone star tick, brown dog tick and black-legged tick.
How does Credelio work?
The active ingredient in Credelio, lotilaner, is from the isoxazoline family and is an ‘ectoparasiticide’. This means that Credelio kills fleas and ticks that reside in the fur or on the skin of dogs. When fleas and ticks bite on the dog’s skin and feed on its blood, the lotilaner present in the dog’s blood reacts and attacks the nerve receptors of ticks and fleas. This process results in uncontrolled nervous system activity, paralysis of the insects and causing the death of fleas and ticks.
The super-active content of Credelio kills adult fleas even before they can lay eggs, hence avoids further contamination of your pet’s environment.
Credelio works quickly to provide powerful-protection to your dog from ticks and fleas. It:
- Starts to kill ticks and fleas in just four hours of dosing
- Kills more than 95% ticks within 48 hours of dosing
- Kills 100% fleas and protects for 1 whole month
- Tick and flea treatment, and infestation prevention, for dogs and puppies of at least 8 weeks of age and above.
- The fast-acting ingredient starts killing fleas in just 4 hours
- Kills 100% of all fleas within 12 hours and stays effective for 30 days
- Easy to administer to your dog
- It is a non greasy formula
- Beef-flavored small chewable tablet happily accepted by all dogs
- Credelio can be mixed with food
- Treatment with Credelio can be commenced at any time of the year and should be continued without intervals.
- 100% tolerance shown by all dogs
- Flavored, oral monthly treatment
- It helps prevent Flea Allergy Dermatitis in dogs
- Keep away from children and animals.
- Not to use for humans or other pets
- Store at a temperature between 15-25°C or 59 -77°F
- Use in breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs has not yet been evaluated
- Practice caution for dogs having neurologic disorders or with a history of seizures
- Contact your vet immediately if overdosed
As Credelio is an oral treatment and bathing your dog does not affect its efficacy in treating fleas and ticks. Unlike topical treatments, Credelio does not get washed away from the dog’s body while bathing. Consult with a veterinarian and get their advice before administering Credelio to your dog.